Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Supemarket Picks Dinner

Sometimes when we are having a hard time figuring out our menu for the week we go by what's on special for that week at the supermarket. This week at Sprouts, ground beef was on sale. Now when I buy ground beef I always think of three recipes, hamburgers, a dish my mom always made with spinach, and ground beef and zucchini (Tom's recipe). I bought two packs and planned on making the hamburgers and the zucchini, but when I reached for the zucchini it was $2.99 a pound. That just does not seem right! Instead I bought the yellow squash which was half the price :-)

My husband and I really liked how the dish turned out. He basically stir fry's the squash with tomatoes, the ground beef and the yellow squash. This is great over rice but it would also be awesome in a quiche or even in layers of lasagna. Next time you buy ground beef before thinking about making a burger try this, you can use  your favorite ground meat. And remember sometimes you might be suprised when you try a slightly different ingredient to your recipes. We definitely plan on making this again.





Cheers and Enjoy,


Lily & Tom (who is flexible with his recipes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts