Friday, February 25, 2011

Our First Little Collection of Pictures for the Bowl



When I started taking pictures of our dinners a few weeks ago my husband was wondering what I was going to do with these pictures. That's when I told him about my bowl idea. Now he waits for me to take the picture before he starts eating because I always try and make his plate look the best.

On the night that I made the tostadas, rice, and avocado I was about to load the picture onto my computer and realized that the camera did not have the memory card in it; a mistake which has happened a few times now. Tom suggested I recreate the dish later that evening for a picture and although it sounded silly at the time I did and since he is such an awesome husband he ate dinner twice :-)

In this little collection is also a picture of poke which is a raw tuna like salad that they make in Hawaii. If you love sashimi  and a little bit of sesame oil then you will love poke. We used the recipe from D.K.'s Sushi Chronicle of Hawaii (look at our cookbooks we love section at the side of this blog). If you have never had poke it is delicious and a good dish to make when your ahi tuna isn't the fanciest. Fun fact: Tom made seared ahi tuna the night he proposed to me! As a side dish Tom sauteed baby spinach with some onion and oyster sauce then topped it with some sliced almonds, delish!!

Later in the week it was Chinese New Year, Happy year of the Rabbit!! Tom usually cooks but since it was a busy week I made sure to make atleast two important dishes, a whole chicken and noodles for long life. I roasted the chicken and would baste it a couple times to crisp with hot chinese chile oil. The noddles I tossed with some beautiful cabbage I bought at sprouts supermarket earlier that day.

Lastly, one of our favorite meals to eat and make is chow mein. It is also the meal we tend to bring to potlucks. This time Tom decided to make it a little different and steamed the noodles and then topped it with stir fried baby bok choy and barbeque pork. I thought it turned out great!

Well hopefully all my blog posts won't be so long :-)

Enjoy and Cheers,

Lily & Tom (he became my first follower)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts