Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Carrots, Carrots, and more Carrots
Just this last weekend the weirdest thing happened in Phoenix, AZ...it rained all day on Saturday, the temperatures dropped to high 60's and we all were wearing a sweater; I think our heater even kicked on. It was nice and cool to make something in the oven so I roasted some carrots of all colors and some yellow beets that I bought at the farmers market to go alongside a yellow chicken curry Tom prepared for dinner. It was delicious! The sweetness of the carrots and the beets complemented the curry very well. It was our first time having yellow beets and unlike the red one's these seem milder in sweetness and another plus was that they did not die the entire dish purple; one of my least favorite things about beets. Today I was on facebook and there was a link from the downtown Phoenix farmer's market sharing a story http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2011/04/in_season_carrots.php about recipes made with carrots. I thought it was a great little feature story and thought I would pass it along here.
Cheers and Enjoy!
Lily & Tom (I will definitely be making him a carrot boutonniere for this Easter!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I thought for our first post I would share the meal we had for my 30th Birthday. However that was not the only thing we were celebrating. It...
-
Pumpkin Pasta of course sounds like an Autumn dish but we make it all year round when we are craving it and especially because the sauce h...
-
Just this last weekend the weirdest thing happened in Phoenix, AZ...it rained all day on Saturday, the temperatures dropped to high 60...
-
Well I am not sure what you consider fancy meat but anytime we buy something that is more than $5 a pound it's fancy to us. We r...
-
Salmon is not one of my favorite fish but when it is pan fried with the skin on I can eat it all the time. I remember we were on vacation...
-
Every once in awhile when we don't have time to make a big grocery trip on the weekend and we are too busy to plan a menu for the week w...
-
I tell my husband each time I eat one of his homemade Chinese dishes that I had no idea Chinese food could be so good. He says the same thin...
-
After a week of fabulous pasta dishes at my sister-in-law's house in the SF bay area we decided we were either going to have seafood or ...
-
Sometimes when we are having a hard time figuring out our menu for the week we go by what's on special for that week at the supermarket....
-
When I started taking pictures of our dinners a few weeks ago my husband was wondering what I was going to do with these pictures. That...
No comments:
Post a Comment