I tell my husband each time I eat one of his homemade Chinese dishes that I had no idea Chinese food could be so good. He says the same thing to me when I make Mexican food. I guess we both agree that nothing really beats homemade food but it is also a reminder to not dismiss a certain type of food or cooking you might just be suprised at how good it is and it might even become one of your favorites.
This night Tom made pork in black bean sauce with green bell peppers, onions and for some heat two jalapenos. We serve it on top of some steamed rice. It is also one of those dishes that gets better the second day and the sauce for this dish is so delicious that I have to have just the sauce on top of some crispy rice. What's crispy rice? After you have scopped out almost all the rice from the pot (yes we do not use a rice cooker) you leave the stove on low and in 15 minutes or so you will have a toasty crispy yummy rice layer at the bottom of the pot.
Crispy rice is one of those things you might be fighting over for at the dinner table, especially since there is only a limited amount made out of each pot. I posted a picture of the crispy rice so everyone could see :-)
Cheers and Enjoy,
Lily & Tom (he's busy cooking dinner as I write this post)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I thought for our first post I would share the meal we had for my 30th Birthday. However that was not the only thing we were celebrating. It...
-
Pumpkin Pasta of course sounds like an Autumn dish but we make it all year round when we are craving it and especially because the sauce h...
-
Just this last weekend the weirdest thing happened in Phoenix, AZ...it rained all day on Saturday, the temperatures dropped to high 60...
-
Well I am not sure what you consider fancy meat but anytime we buy something that is more than $5 a pound it's fancy to us. We r...
-
Salmon is not one of my favorite fish but when it is pan fried with the skin on I can eat it all the time. I remember we were on vacation...
-
Every once in awhile when we don't have time to make a big grocery trip on the weekend and we are too busy to plan a menu for the week w...
-
I tell my husband each time I eat one of his homemade Chinese dishes that I had no idea Chinese food could be so good. He says the same thin...
-
After a week of fabulous pasta dishes at my sister-in-law's house in the SF bay area we decided we were either going to have seafood or ...
-
Sometimes when we are having a hard time figuring out our menu for the week we go by what's on special for that week at the supermarket....
-
When I started taking pictures of our dinners a few weeks ago my husband was wondering what I was going to do with these pictures. That...
No comments:
Post a Comment