Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fancy Steak and ummm Sour Potaoes??









Well I am not sure what you consider fancy meat but anytime we buy something that is more than $5 a pound it's fancy to us. We recently bought some rib eye steaks and prepared it the first night with pesto sauce and the second night just with plain black pepper and salt. The pesto trick is something we always do when we make lamb, but we tried it on the steak and although good I like it better on the lamb. Try it though, it's something different and worth trying :-)

The night of the P&S steak I prepared some simple mixed greens with no dressing as a side, and some fingerling potatoes that I had just read about in this months Bon Apetit issue. The potatoes were basically roasted then marinated in lots of garlic,even parts of lemon juice and olive oil  and some zest.  As soon as I told my husband I was going to make them he said "great sour potatoes for dinner," then I gave him a hard time and told him I was going to make them anyways. And guess what, they were sour potatoes.

It wasn't that they tasted bad it was just that they did not complement the steak. I think the potatoes would go great with a vegetarian dish like on top of a bed of hummus or for meat eaters even some lamb, something that could compete with the strong flavor.  I even thought the potatoes were really fragrant. Guess I will have to save the sour potatoes for another time, I'll give them one more shot with the husband.


Cheers and Enjoy,


Lily & Tom (who dislikes sour potatoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts