Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bring out the Grill

I have lived in a sunny place all my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. Perhaps the best thing about living in a warmer State is that spring comes sooner. Today's temperature was almost 80 and with such nice weather I thought it would be fun to cook outside. So instead of making mole  like I mentioned in my previous post we grilled chicken. We had chicken legs, thighs and some chicken tenders that I marinated in some Polynesian sauce. For veggies we grilled orange, red, and yellow bell peppers.

However my most favorite thing to grill are green chiles, something about the smell of them grilling either indoors on a skillet or outside on a grill makes me smile. I think it's because it's something that we always had in my home when I was growing up. They also remind me of the sacks of chiles my father would buy in New Mexico; our car would smell like chiles for the next 6 hours on our way home from visiting family in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico and El Paso, TX.

Today we had also planned on planting our herbs in the new raised garden bed I bought my husband as a present. We planted cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, sage, basil, chives, and cilantro. I can't wait till it grows in a bit and we can start using the herbs & veggies. I am hoping that we will have many more days like today before the heat becomes too much and we start to hibernate inside our air conditioned home.

Looking forward to more grilling days, I have a pineapple riping on the counter for the next time.

Cheers and Enjoy,






Lily& Tom (I also made a pot of rice because he was craving it, good wife status, two thumbs up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts