Sunday, March 6, 2011
Pumpkin Pasta Again...
Pumpkin Pasta of course sounds like an Autumn dish but we make it all year round when we are craving it and especially because the sauce holds well if you freeze it. However even though we like it a lot we don't make it that often except for this last month. This last Valentine's day Tom made pumpkin pasta and as any good cook does he tastes the sauce constantly as he is cooking it and of course just before serving. When he asked me to try the sauce on Valentine's day it tasted sweet, we thought it was because he added an extra can of pumpkin to the recipe. Later, as he was throwing away the can he noticed that it read "pumpkin pie mix" so instead of pumpkin pasta we had "pumpkin pie pasta." It was so sweet we just kept passing the mozzarella cheese to each other so that we could at least finish our plate. Our two year old daughter loved it and she was the ONLY one to have it for seconds on the next day. It was definitely a memorable "sweet" valentine's. Luckily he read the can the second time around!
Cheers & Enjoy,
Lily & Tom (my sweet Valentine cook)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I thought for our first post I would share the meal we had for my 30th Birthday. However that was not the only thing we were celebrating. It...
-
Pumpkin Pasta of course sounds like an Autumn dish but we make it all year round when we are craving it and especially because the sauce h...
-
Just this last weekend the weirdest thing happened in Phoenix, AZ...it rained all day on Saturday, the temperatures dropped to high 60...
-
Well I am not sure what you consider fancy meat but anytime we buy something that is more than $5 a pound it's fancy to us. We r...
-
Salmon is not one of my favorite fish but when it is pan fried with the skin on I can eat it all the time. I remember we were on vacation...
-
Every once in awhile when we don't have time to make a big grocery trip on the weekend and we are too busy to plan a menu for the week w...
-
I tell my husband each time I eat one of his homemade Chinese dishes that I had no idea Chinese food could be so good. He says the same thin...
-
After a week of fabulous pasta dishes at my sister-in-law's house in the SF bay area we decided we were either going to have seafood or ...
-
Sometimes when we are having a hard time figuring out our menu for the week we go by what's on special for that week at the supermarket....
-
When I started taking pictures of our dinners a few weeks ago my husband was wondering what I was going to do with these pictures. That...
recipe please!
ReplyDeleteHere is the recipe that we use, we have made it enough to change some of the ingredients just a little bit.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nickstellino.com/recipes_display.asp?ind=188
Oh, We also buy the spicy italian sausage from Costco, it seems to work the best :-)
ReplyDelete